Wednesday 7 November 2007

Warwick Lecture


Went to see a public lecture by my old boss Kevin Warwick yesteday. As opposed to talking about Robots taking over the world he's now talking about the implant projects and placing mixed raw neural tissue (from unborn rats) onto microelectrode arrays to create biological neural networks. It all sounds very sci-fi and the audience loved it but to be honest neurophysiologists have been doing MEA work like this for decades so I've yet to be sold.


At the end some undergraduates were asking Kevin an implant question which he handed over to me. So now I'm helping these guys with their project (and I thought I'd left the field)

1 comment:

Guy Gregory said...

he looks like he's about to shoot-up in that photo...

how's the PhD going? settled in yet?